The UBC Aquatic Centre is looking for energetic and experienced individuals, with exemplary interpersonal skills, to join our team of Supervisors in anticipation of the NEW UBC Aquatic Centre, opening 2017. If you are interested in working in a fast paced and challenging work environment on the UBC-Vancouver campus, then this job is for you!
· Current National Lifeguard Award – Pool Option (NL)
· Current Standard First Aid (SFA or equivalent)
· Current CPR-C and AED (Within one year)
· Current Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (WSI)
· Grade 12 diploma, GED, or are in school
· Satisfactory criminal record check, current within 2 years
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
· Current Aquatic Fitness Instructor Certification (BCRPA, WaterArt, CALA)
· Current First Aid Instructor/Trainer (FAI/FAIT)
· Holds any of the following certifications :
Lifesaving Instructor (current within 2 years)
Lifesaving Instructor Trainer (LSIT) (current within 2 years)
Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Trainer (WSIT) (current within 2 years)
National Lifeguard Instructor/Recert Conductor (NLI/NLRC) (current with 2 years)
Pool Operator Level 1 and 2
Please see the attached file for a complete description of duties and responsibilities. All qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter to Emma Jacobsen, Head Lifeguard.The deadline for our Summer 2016 intake will be April 30, 2016, but applications will be accepted until April 1, 2017.
UBC hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
The UBC Aquatic Centre gives preference to UBC students with the necessary course load as outlined in section 5.03(a) of the Collective Agreement; however, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.