The Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation is seeking responses from qualified candidates for the Spring intake (April 2016) of Lifeguard Instructors. All shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a wet screen assessment on Sunday, February 21, 2016.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Swim instruction, pool supervision, maintenance and emergency medical care.
- Facilitating safe community recreation for everyone through integration, inclusion and participation in aquatic recreation.
- Providing every member and guest with support and excellence in customer service.
- Teaching and evaluating all age groups and all levels of swimming, including specialized areas of instruction.
- Supervision of all visitors, administration of first aid.
- Performing routine facility maintenance, and other related duties as required.
The successful candidate must possess the following current and valid certificates:
- National Lifeguard Pool Option Certificate
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certificate
- CPR Basic Rescuer "C" Certificate (completed within the last year)
- Standard First Aid, Aquatic Emergency Care Certificate or equivalent (deemed by the City of Vancouver)
**Certification as a BCRPA Fitness Registered Instructor (Aquafit Module) and Lifesaving Instructor certifications are extremely valuale. The City of Vancouver offers Aquafit and lifesaving programs to all members and guests.
A Police Record Check is a requirement of the position. A clearance requires the absence of any criminal charges or convictions related to the position.
This position may include working weekends, statutory holidays, as well as early morning and late evening shifts.