Performs a variety of duties to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for the users of the Aquatic Centre.
Performs other duties and responsibilities consistent with the job description and classification on request.
Please note: These are part-time positions working up to 60 hours bi-weekly. Days/hours of work will vary.
There are 25-30 positions available. Priority will be given to registered SFU students. Please submit a copy
of your current NL and CPR 'C' awards with your resume and cover letter.
• Must attend one wet interview scheduled for Saturday, April 26rd from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
• Must be available to attend one dry interview scheduled from April 28th to May 2nd.
• Must be available to attend orientation scheduled for Sunday May 4th from 2:00pm to 4:30pm and
in-service May 4th from 4:30 to 9:30pm.
• Valid National Lifesaving Award (NL).
• Valid CPR C Award (current within one year of exam date).
Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Excellent customer service skills.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Ability to successfully complete a Simulation test and attend an in-service session at a pre-determined date.
HOURLY SALARY: $12.53
START DATE: May 4, 2014
POSITION END DATE: August 24, 2014
A detailed resume and cover letter quoting Competition #080 must be received in our office by 4:30 pm on
April 23, 2014, addressed to the attention of Deborah Walker, Human Resources Advisor. Please follow the application instructions at: http://www.sfu.ca/hr/prospective_employees/HowToApply.html. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Position details outline above can also be found here: http://www.sfu.ca/human-resources/prospective-employees/current-job-postings.html