The FlowRider®/Slide Attendant is energetic, personable, resourceful, well-organized, with superior interpersonal skills, and excels in a fast paced, challenging work environment. If that sounds like you, then this is your ideal job!
Reporting directly to the Aquatic Supervisor, the FlowRider®/Slide Attendant is a key team member to the Aquatics Department at the H2O Adventure + Fitness Centre.
The FlowRider®/Slide Attendant is responsible for the proper use and safety of the FlowRider® and water slides, and instilling the Y’s core values of caring, respect, responsibility and honesty. The FlowRider®/Slide Attendant is part of a large dynamic aquatic team and has the opportunity to teach YMCA swim lessons on an as-needed basis. The FlowRider®/Slide Attendant will maintain a safe and clean work environment and provide an enjoyable experience, while building relationships with our members.
Major Responsibilities and Abilities:
· Supervises the operation and safety of the FlowRider® and waterslides
· Deliver aquatic programs occurring during assigned shifts (lessons or aquatic programs and courses).
· Monitors the general safety and maintenance of the pool deck, change rooms, and associated areas, and either reports concerns to the appropriate staff member or directly address the concerns
· Organizes and coordinates drop in programs, activities, games, and events of interest to participants
· Conducts routine inspections of the facility’s public areas and equipment to ensure customer safety
· Work as part of a staff/volunteer team, ensuring excellent customer service
· Maintains a clean and safe working environment
· Ensures all awards or certifications are kept current and up to date
· National Lifeguard Service Certification-Pool Option
· National Lifeguard Service Certification—Waterpark Option
· Current Standard First Aid with CPR
· AED Responder (Must be Lifesaving Society certification)
· YMCA Canada Swim Instructor
· Upon request provide 3 references. A minimum of 2 will be professional in nature (eg. Employer, Supervisor or Colleague)
· A satisfactory Criminal Record Check. Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date
Commitment to Mission, Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision and values of YMCA of Okanagan.
Service Attitude:Identifies needs and wants of members/participants as priority and responds in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person's Y experience.
Please apply, with cover letter, resume, and YMCA Employment Application Form, to:
Brad Kendal, Aquatic Supervisor
4075 Gordon Drive, Kelowna BC, V1W 5J2
Application Deadline: March 21, 2016
To get a copy of the YMCA Application Form go to: http://bit.ly/NSr5mU