Permanent Full Time – 35 hours per week.
Scheduled hours between 0600 hours and 0100 hours, Sunday to Saturday
The City of Whitehorse, Recreation and Facility Services Department, is looking for an energetic and organized individual who can multi-task in both administrative and operational aspects to assist with overseeing facility program coordination, drop in programming and instructional programs for multi-use recreation facilities, featuring an aquatics centre. The ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for aquatics and recreation.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• 2 year Diploma in Recreation Administration, Leisure Studies or Facility Management
• 3 years related experience including 1 year in a supervisory role in a public recreation setting
• Experience in a Membership based facility service setting
• Standard First Aid with CPR Level C Certificate
• Communications, marketing and customer service background and skills is an asset
• Experience in an aquatics setting including knowledge of aquatics operations, programs, and administration as well as current certification in advanced aquatic awards are desirable.
Required To Operate Equipment Such As:
First Aid equipment, sports equipment, audio visual equipment, office equipment, computer with applications such as Outlook, Word, Point of Sale, CLASS, Windows, Finance tracking/budgeting software, Excel, Power Point, WorkManager and City vehicle.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversees daily programming operations including children/youth, wellness, drop-in and aquatics.
2. Assists with development, promotion, coordination, and evaluation of all programs, including drop in, children/youth, aquatic and wellness programs, and associated services.
3. Assists with administering the programming section, including monitoring the annual programming budget for the indoor facilities.
4. Recruits, directs, trains, schedules and appraises the performance of reporting staff. Is authorized to issue verbal reprimands and contributes to higher levels of discipline in accordance with the progressive discipline directive.
5. Maintains statistics and gives input for development of policy and promotion, as requested, of the Department.
6. Answers or distributes enquiries and distributes information.
7. Maintains equipment inventory, researches and purchases programming supplies and materials.
8. Prepares and presents reports.
9. Follows and ensures that reporting staff follow, so far as reasonably practicable, established safety procedure and standards.
10. Participates, on a weekly basis, in the "Supervisor on Duty" roster.
11. Acts as Program Supervisor as assigned.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
This is a Salary Range 12 position ($32.90 - $38.71).