Known as New Brunswick’s largest town, Riverview is a progressive and thriving community located on the south bank of the Petitcodiac River. As a town striving to maintain high quality recreation services and programming, Riverview requires a Recreation Coordinator for Aquatics to join our team.
This position reports to the Director of Parks, Recreation and Community Relations.
The Recreation Coordinator for Aquatics isresponsible for developing innovative services and programming, directing aquatic staff and facility operations, monitoring the use of all Town-owned aquatic facilities, swimming and water safety initiatives, and recreational and training programs/events with the assistance of the Community Recreation Worker - Aquatics.
The ideal candidate will provide high quality services and programs that reflect the needs of the residents and the strategic direction of the Town. The Recreation Coordinator for Aquatics also oversees long-term planning, implements best practices and ensures that effective management frameworks are in place.
· Bachelor degree in Recreation and Sport Studies, Bachelor of Kinesiology, or equivalent related Bachelor’s degree;
· Minimum three (3) years’ experience in community recreation planning;
· Minimum two (2) years’ experience in aquatic facility planning and management;
· Certified Water Safety Instructor (WSI), National Lifeguard Service (NLS) required;
· NL Instructor, Lifesaving Society First Aid Instructor, Lifesaving Society Instructor Trainer, Bronze Cross Examiner and Lifesaving Society Advanced Instructor certifications are definite assets;
· Professional accreditation and or training in aquatic fitness and aquatic post rehabilitation, older adult programming or related services, development and delivery of general recreation programming is preferred;
· Knowledge and experience in aquatic program development, staff scheduling and supervision required;
· Effective interpersonal and communication skills with ability to establish effective working relationships, lead, motivate, coach, mentor and resolve conflicts;
· Proven commitment to excellence in customer service and program delivery;
· Workplace First Aid and CPR/AED certified;
· Ability to interpret and implement Town policies and procedures;
· Ability to interpret and implement the NB Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations;
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel);
· Excellent written and spoken English communication skills;
· Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sectors Check to meet Town standards.
· Valid New Brunswick driver’s licence.
This is a full-time salary position with an attractive benefits package, a challenging and rewarding work environment, and excellent career development opportunities.
If this advertisement addresses your knowledge, skills and abilities, you are invited to forward your resume and detailed cover letter to:
Department of Human Resources
Town of Riverview
30 Honour House Court
Riverview, NB E1B 3Y9
You may also e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Recreation Coordinator for Aquatics” in the subject line.
Deadline for application: August 10, 2016.
As an employer of choice, the Town of Riverview is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. Information will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.