Aquatic Team Leader
Permanent Full Time
The incumbent supervisors pool attendees and limited staff, instructs aquatic lifesaving, and first aid courses, provides support of administrative and supervisory staff, provides emergency care in minor and major first aid situations, tests water and assists with the development and implementation of inservice and aquatic programs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Completion of Grade 12
• 2 years of Lifeguard and Instructor experience
• NLS Pool option
• I Can Swim Teacher
• Lifesaving Society Instructor
• Standard First Aid
• CPR Basic Rescuer
• Pool Operator Level 1
• 2 of the following awards: I Can Swim Teacher Course Conductor, Aquafit Instructor certification, NLS Instructor, LS Instructor Trainer, First Aid/CPR Instructor
• Demonstrated instructor, supervisory, decision –making and interpersonal skills
Required To Operate Equipment Such As:
First Aid equipment, audio visual equipment, computer with applications such as Outlook, Word, CLASS, ERP, Windows, and Excel, digital photography programs, City Vehicle, water test kits.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Under the direction of the Aquatic Supervisor, organizes, trains, and orientates staff and volunteers on their shift, contributes to recruitment, performance appraisals and disciplinary action for Aquatic Staff.
2. Monitors the pool users and enforces standards of conduct and decorum, responds minor and major emergency first aid situations, and responds to enquires from public.
3. Prepares and implements lesson plans and instructional material for various aquatic, lifesaving, and first aid courses, including candidate progress reports, preparing and maintaining statistical reports/records and maintaining data bases.
4. Under the direction of the Aquatic Supervisor assists with the development and implementation of in-service training, program activities and special events.
5. Researches and purchases aquatic and first aid supplies and assists with maintaining inventory of these supplies.
6. Maintains a professional image to the public and ensures all interaction with public in the aquatic centre is conducted in a professional way.
7. Performs limited custodial maintenance and minor repairs to the aquatic facility and equipment.
8. Performs water tests, recognizes and reports any problems.
9. Under the direction of the Aquatic Super visor, submits information for promotional material including the Active Living Guide.
10. Acts as Aquatic Supervisor as assigned.
11. Functions as the “Canada Games Centre Supervisor on Duty” on weekends and evenings, as assigned.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
This is a Salary Range 9 position: $27.30 - $32.12/hour (Steps 1-4) upon full qualification.
An under filled position will be paid at 10% less than the Step 1 rate.
Hours of work are between 5:30am and 10:30pm, Sunday to Monday, based on a 35 hour work week.
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com
Interested candidates should forward applications/ resumes, clearly outlining how their experience and education meet the position requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org by
11:59 pm, September 3, 2012.
Please quote job posting #89-CGC-12.